Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brine ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever brined baby back ribs or do you think it's needed.If you have , do you have a recipe?Thanks

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    5 o'clock somewhere,[p] Yessir indeed![p] Brining is one fine way to bring a little flavor into the meat.... a little salt, sugar, spices and salt dissolved in some warm water mixed into a larger vessel of cool water and some ice and a good soak in the fridge for a few hours would do wonders. I'd even try a little molasses in the brine along with some fancy vinegar! Don't forget the apple juice...[p]Report your results![p]Cheers!

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    5 o'clock somewhere,
    Cooks Illustrated did an article on cooking baby backs several years ago, they brined them for two hours as I recall in an extra large ziplock. -RP

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    5 o'clock somewhere,[p]I have done a few different tests with brine and ribs..[p]I learned to keep the acid contents down. The reason is I have left the ribs in the brine and the acid started the cooking process...A day later in the brine..well I basically had pickled ribs.. I still grilled them just not as long...[p]But it is fun to play with..[p]I also like to use more sweet...in the brine..gives the ribs a darker crust and I can balance the salt easier..
  • wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    5 o'clock somewhere,
    Just be careful or they will taste like ham.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    wobin,
    I fully agree! Twice I tried brining BB and was SO disappointed!!! First time I thought I had done something wrong, but the second time I knew I had wasted good baby back ribs! "Ain't no friggen way" I'll ever try that again!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.