Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breast Recipes

Options
Pork Puller
Pork Puller Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We recently took advantage of a local meat sale and bought 20 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. We NEED some interesting recipes for same. I've already checked the recipe page. Anything other ideas?

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    658c60e1.jpg
    <p />pork puller,[p]Not actually a recipe, but something you can use in many different ways...Home canned chicken in home-made broth is hard to beat. I put up about 3 or 4 batches a year.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Pork Puller
    Options
    thirdeye,
    those look good. do you ever throw them back on the egg for a quick sear for some "taste"?

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    pork puller,[p]No I haven't tried that. Usually just use it for chicken salad, in soups, in cold pasta salads, fillings in mexican food, etc.[p]I do season and smoke country ribs (cut from the butt) for an hour and a half before canning them. The processing time is 90 minutes so the finished product is shread-able similar to pulled pork. Added to some sauce in a skillet, it makes wonderful BBQ pork sanwiches in just minutes.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Man, you just never cease to amaze me with your creations, you need to hold classes. -RP

• Flashback Bob
    Options
    pork puller,
    There's a good recipe in the recipe section- smashed chicken rollups. Haven't tried yet but sounds really good![p]Here's a link to another I just got when asking a similar question...

[ul][li]Chicken Breasts[/ul]