Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Would like tips on doing bone in Turkey beast

AZ Traveler
AZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing a 6 1/2lb. turkey breast this afternoon and was hoping someone would have some tips on how to do it. Appreciate any and all help. AZ

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    AZ Traveler,
    I do these on a regular basis. Dome at 325 cook indirect using a drip pan. Count on about 15 to 20 min per pound. Pull off at 165 internal, let rest for 20 min before carving. Smoke is your choice but go easy as that breast absorbs it fairly well.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    5e6e8b0f.jpg
    <p />AZ Traveler,[p]Here is my how-to on preparing a turkey breast for cooking. It does not take much time at all and makes presentation and slicing very easy.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]turkey[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AZ Traveler,[p]Thank you guys so much for your help. I'm still amazed at all of the grill knowledge available on this forum. Hope to meet all of you at one of the eggfests next year. Thanks again, AZ