Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Char-Woody...what are jerky screens?

FritzFritz Posts: 179
edited 12:29PM in EggHead Forum
Hey buddy,[p]Your email isn't working. What are those jerky screens you mentioned? Where can they be bought?[p]Fritz

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Fritz,
    I think this is what your looking for.[p]Larry

[ul][li]Jerky Screens[/ul]
  • ZipZip Posts: 372
    Fritz,[p]I have several of these for doing peppers and sausage. If you have a WalMart look in the OK Joes display they sell for $9.95 and are 15 1/2 inches. I've got one that is about five years old and is still holding up.[p]Zip

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    771490074_Main.jpg
    <p />oops........I forgot the image
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Zip, I used the 13" square flat screens from Hi Mountain but your posting looks like a humdinger of a jerky screen. Fritz, go for it. It appears to be even a better unit for Jerky.
    Thanks Zip...good post!
    C~W[p]

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    YB, yeppers..that's the one I use, but if you try to use more than one or two, they are a tight squeeze in stacking.[p]And they will only fit in the large BGE. A 13" square is the maximum in a 18.5" circular opening. One could take out the firering, insert a 16" grill with firebarrier and then bolt stack em in singular screens. Bolt stacking by fastening SSteel bolts to the screen's corners to make legs on the screens. Problem is, the bolts/washers/nuts combo costs about a buck or more each, and takes 4 per screen.
    Won't wear out tho.....:-)
    C~W[p]