Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st day success/thanks

ChuckChuck Posts: 812
edited 5:24AM in EggHead Forum
Had a great 1st day with my BGE. Started out with some chicken breast smoked with some sugar maple. It was juicy, tender, and smokey. With all the great advise i've been getting here, i got pretty bold (or maybe crazy) and had 11 people over for dinner. 1st did baked potatos for an hour at about 325, then did 7 nice porterhouse steaks. They were the best steaks i've ever eaten. Thanks everyone for the information, its clear that you all really want to help. I'm glad to be a part of the "family".

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,387
    Chuck, Sounds like a great meal! If you are like me, you look for any excuse to cook that you can! Not only a great excuse to see friends, but hearing "the best I have ever had" really makes it all worthwhile. [p]You have a unique set of experiences yourself, and will be able to contribute in ways you never knew. One of the reasons that this forum is what it is, is the varied knowledge available here every day. Many great ideas have been presented by newbies....one example Fireball and his citrus-splash-as-a-marinade brainstorm. There are many other instances.[p]Glad to have you aboard.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings