Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prestigious Palmetto Pig Pickin'

JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
edited 12:07AM in EggHead Forum
After "years" of prodding by my friends, many of you here, I have finally put my money where my mouth is. The Egg and I will be competing in the rib category at the PPPP, which is the premier barbeque event in South Carolina. The event will be held in Charleston on March 2-3. I'll let you know how it goes! Meanwhile, I have some new recipes I've been working on and I will share them soon.
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    JSlot, Nice to see you back! i have heard your named mentioned a bunch in the past year and a half, but have not seen you post much. Glad things are back on track for you! Keep us posted on your competition adventures...and good luck!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    JSlot,

·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    JSlot,[p]That's not fair. I can't make to to Charletown on those dates. Otherwise, I would make the trip to chear you on (and eat good Q).[p]Smokey

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    JSlot,
    Where is it going to be held? I just might drop by.
    JimW

·
  • JSlot, You must have left awhile back. I bought my egg in June of last year. Your spare ribs were the first thing I cooked. Although I'm sure they weren't as good as yours they came out pretty darn good. Looking forward to hearing some good cooking tips.[p]CWM
    ·
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    It'll be at Brittlebank Park, Jim. Hope to see you there!
    ·