Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aligator Back Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My barber says he & a friend regularly butchers Aligators from a guy who has a license to kill them. They split the meat/head/skin, etc. He says there's a "baby back" rib on the gator and wonders how this would cook.
Any one heard of such a thing?[p]jaymer...

Comments

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    As a Miami Hurricane Fan (currently down but not all the way out)....I'm always interested in different ways to eat GATOR....Especially since my boys have beaten the Florida Gators the last six times we've played....and when they ain't hiding.......[p]We've been eating Gator down this way for years....but it's always been meat from the tail section....Never heard of GatorBack Ribs.....[p]Always liked eatin' Gator meat.....Tastes pretty good for an Amphibian......[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, Florida[p]PS...When the Hurricanes are down and out...we just mosey over to 'The U'...and gaze at those 5 National Championship Trophies....and that peps us up a bit......

• bigarms
    bigarms Posts: 136
    Options
    Jaymer-Que BBQ (Bloomingdale/Tampa, FL),
    It cooks wonderfully.....that is if you like gator. One thing, they are not like pork ribs, cooking time is not that long. I usually cook them at 300 degrees direct for about 1 hour.[p]We like the fried the best. Just cut the individual ribs out, flour and fry. They are great.........bigarms