Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Apple Pie!

Options
CubFan
CubFan Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife enters an apple pie contest every year at a local apple festival. This year we decided to cook the pie on the BGE. She took second place in the contest! Since she has won awards for her apple pie before, I won't give ALL the credit to the BGE, but we thought it was pretty cool to tell people her pie was baked on a grill. [p]The pictures are from last weekends "test run" since the contest pie was on the egg by 6:30 Saturday morning and it was still dark outside.[p]HPIM1195.jpg[p]HPIM1196.jpg[p]HPIM1199.jpg[p]It just proves there is no limit to what can be cooked on the BGE. The pies do come out with a light smoke flavor. No wood chunks/chips were used. Just Ozark Oak at about 400^ indirect for 1hour and 20 minutes.

Comments

• Bluegillman
    Options
    Cubfan,
    Must sound like great eating. Did she make it from fresh apples? We love making apple pies from fresh apples too!

• CubFan
    CubFan Posts: 10
    Options
    HPIM1195.jpg
    <p />Bluegillman,
    It was made from fresh apples. She likes to use Granny Smith apples because she thinks they don't get as mushy when you cook them.[p]I am adding the pictures again only because when I posted them yesterday it was my first time with pictures and I didn't get the little camera icon. I wanted to do it again because I think I figured out what I did wrong. [p]HPIM1196.jpg[p]HPIM1199.jpg[p]I hope that worked.