Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Need a great Banana Bread Recipe!!!

Options
Smok'inCSI
Smok'inCSI Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys:
Once again I come to the source of all knowledge, My fellow eggers!!
I really need a great Banana Bread recipe..can you guys help me please??
Thxs a Million,
Mike

Comments

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    Smokin'CSI,[p]I love banana bread... this is the recipe I use, and actually have baked on the egg.[p]
    -2.5 cups all-purpose flour
    -.5 cups Grape Nuts or wheat germ or sub in .5 cups flour
    -1 teaspoon baking soda
    -1 teaspoon salt
    -1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    -1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    -1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    -2 cups sugar
    -1 cup apple sauce or 1 cup oil if you don't want it healthy
    -3 large eggs
    -1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    -4-5 ripe bananas (peeled and mashed) I like extra bananas in mine
    -.5 cups chocolate chips or chopped figs, or both[p]Preheat the oven/Egg to 325º-350º.
    Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl to blend. Beat the sugar, apple sauce, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the banana. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
    Add Grape Nuts, chocolate chips, figs, or whatever floats your boat that day and mix.[p]Pour into your vessel of choice, muffin cups approx. 30min, loaf pan approx 1 hour. Until toothpick comes out clean.[p]Hope this helps you out. I make these a lot and change them everytime. You can basically throw anything into banana bread and have it turn out great.[p]-Jill[p]

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Smokin'CSI,
    This is my wife's recipe. Haven't tried this one on my Large Egg yet. Should work fine![p]For the fullest flavor select bannas that are beginning to turn dark trust my wife on this one.[p]Ingredients:
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    2 eggs
    1 cup mashed bannas (3 mediums)
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/3 stick butter
    1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional but soo good!!!)[p]Directions:
    Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
    In a medium size mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (except nuts). Make well in the center of dry mixture.[p]Next in another mixin bowl combine in this order butter, sugar, eggs, then bannas. Stir well. Stir with dry ingredients till just moistened. BATTER SHOULD BE LUMPY... at this point fold in nuts.[p]Last spoon bater into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 50-56 minutes until wooden toothpick comes out clean when stuck in center of bread. Cool in pan on wire rack for about ten minutes.. remove loaf from pan cool on rack. wrap and store overnight before slicing. This gets moisture back into bread awesome results. Keep kids and dogs away![p]Good Luck! Pharmeggist