Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Short ribs!

J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited 9:13AM in EggHead Forum
Husband Steve (a.k.a. Apple) brought home about 7 pounds of gorgeous short ribs to cook tomorrow or Sunday. Any cooking tips? Thanks in advance! JCA

Comments

• WardsterWardster Posts: 1,000
    Hey there!
    I'm doing some myself right now. I do them bone down, indirect on raised grill anywhere from 225*-250* for about 5 hours or so. That's it, no foil, no flipping. If they are tough, they need to cook longer. I won't bother to suggest rubs or marinades to an expert like yourself!!![p]I LOVE beef ribs..... I'm also in for some mustard in ATL!
    Good luck and we will see you soon!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • J Appledog,
    I just egged some short ribs the other day. They're one of my favorite smokin' meats. I prefer when the bone is not cut up, but whole, about 12 inches long. I got some at the local restaurant supply house, they're big, three bones on a half rack. I don't cut them up. I trim the fat cap on top, then put a good rub, smoke indirect between 220-240 for at least 6.5 hours. Then if you want wrap them in foil for an hour. Happy eatings.