Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whole Sirloin

Orio KidOrio Kid Posts: 87
edited 4:51AM in EggHead Forum
Just tossed a 10# whole sirloin on the egg. I used some roto roast that I was finally able to find. It has been marinating for 36 hours in some Alegero sauce.
I have my fingers crossed!
Jake

·

Comments

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    orio kid,[p]I guess it is kind of late at this point, but a sirloin tip that is available at most supermarkets is actually a piece of the round and not the sirloin. It is mostly lean and can dry out if overcooked. We have used these in the restaurant for BBQ Beef, but you can't take them much higher than 145º unless you really mop 'em.[p]Please post how it turned out.[p]Zip
    ·