Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston butt and brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 5 pound Boston butt and a 5 pound brisket. I would like to cook them both at the same time in my large Big Green Egg, and, have them ready for sandwitches by game time. Any comments or suggestions?

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Cajun Boy,
    The Butt should take 14-15 hrs so get them going tonight. [p]Tim

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Cajun Boy,[p]I've done a combo like you are talking about twice in the past and it works pretty good. It would be best if you have 2 Polders, one for each piece. My experience has been that the brisket is the first to the finish line so if you have only one Polder, use it in the brisket then transfer it to the butt when the brisket is done.[p]I usually put both in the V-rack over a foil lined drip pan then straight on the cooking grate. Start late at night for dinner the next day. Just keep an eye on the brisket as it will finish first and you DON'T want to overcook it.