Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marinated flank steak

Options
swamprb
swamprb Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is it advised to TRex a marinated flank steak? I'm wondering if the honey or brown sugar in the marinade might burn with the high heat of the sear? Any thoughts before I give it my first try?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    swamprb,
    i'm the biggest t-rex fan in the world, but i NEVER t-rex a flank steak. ..they aren't thick enough, and further, the one time i did try a 'sear and dwell' with a flank steak, it came out kinda mushy textured ... .[p]for flank steaks, i like to just grill them direct at around 450 - 500 degrees till done, usually about 5 - 7 per side ... .[p]just my 2 cents. ..

• swamprb,[p]I'm confused, I thought TRex method was searing right on the coals but TNW shows it on a grill. Could someone set me straight on this as i want to try strip loins on the coals. I did marinated flank the other night on high sear for 90 seconds a side and immediatly put them on another egg at 350deg for about three minutes a side. they were really good.[p]Thanks[p]Steve
  • swamprb
    Options
    swamprb,
    It has become a throwdown! The wife has challenged me and the egg vs HER soon to rust out and and never be replaced gas grill, to a flank steak duel. I need some ammo quick!