Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadeggers

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any Canadians out there?

Comments

• Little Steven,[p]Yup, got one here, from the wet coast. The guys here are a great source of entertainment and mouth watering pictures. I, myself, just purchased my egg, so I'm still getting the hang of things and improving each time I fire 'er up, or so I think. ;)

• Brayon
    Options
    Yes, living in Ottawa now, but originaly from Edmundston New-Brunswick.
  • FV-Egger,[p] Yeah, I'm on the site most of the day. The southern guys know a ton about smoking stuff. I've had a large for six or seven years. Just getting the hang of lo and slo.
    Did you ever post the price you paid. These guys would have a heart attack. I just got the XL and the list on it was $1,799.

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Brayon,
    yeap down here in grand falls,nb!!!we canadian eggers have got to get together!!! hey brayon........comment ca va ?
    never thought i'd see another nb egger on here!!i had posted a few months back for canadian eggers but not many responded!

• Brayon,[p]I'm just north of the GTA. I was on the web site for the Canadian distributor and they have everything but the Forum. Don't know if there would be enough guys for them to start one (yet). The dealer I use was trying to put a club together but I didn't hear any more.
  • Brayon
    Options
    Ca va bien![p]Where did you bought your egg? There is a dealer here in Ottawa, but I am indeed surprise to see a NB egger just because I imagine there is not a lot of egg dealers there.
  • Little Steven,[p]No, I hadn't posted the price I paid... though comparing to what some prices down in the states I have seen, we are definatley getting ripped off... But hey, the egg is worth it. Got my large for $1049 plus taxes... the place I got mine had the XL listed for $1599.[p]Of course, I had to get a few eggcessories, so my total bill came to about 1600, but I guess that's not bad if you consider how well built it all is, and how long it will last compared to the metal grills...

• mikeb6109
    Options
    yeap new brunswick dealers are so little that in order to get an egg i became a dealer!! not bad sold 6 units this first summer into it!! actually only getting lots of feed back now and the egg is stirring up allot of attention and enthousiasm! but still nice to see another egger from my area! j'adore mon oeuf vert!!!!
  • cranky
    Options
    I'm in south western Ontario (Sarnia). We have a dealer here and theres one in London. Any one else from this area?
  • London Ontario here, and I would love to see some sort of eggfest here in Canada. I have an extra large and haven't been able to get any springs yet. The official word I got from my distributer was that they didn't want to ship to Canada. Lol, any Cdn Eggers get springs for their xtra large?

• mikeb6109
    Options
    well thats bull cause i'm a dealer and for my custumer that had bought the extra large i got them the kit and it was no charge to anyone!!!!!
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    well thats bull cause i'm a dealer and for my custumer that had bought the extra large i got them the kit and it was no charge to anyone!!!!!
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Little Steven,
    Do you know about this Canadian website? There are EGGers there. JCA

[ul][li]BBQ Talk[/ul]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I saw new hinges when I was judging at the Canadian BBQ Championship in Barrie last month, TheStormyDog. Have you talked to the Canadian distributor? Julie

• TheStormyDog,[p]Mine are on order. I've had great luck with getting parts over the years. I deal with a shop in Brampton. The CDN distributor is in Newmarket. I'm supposed to pick up the springs today. I'll let you know what happens
  • TheStormyDog,[p] Just ran over and got ny spring kit. The name of the place is The Bar.b.que and Fireplace Clinic 155 Clark Blvd.
    Brampton. Phone is 905 454 0497. They don't have a website but I talked to the guy and he said they can get them for you if your dealer can't
    They look pretty easy to install[p]Steve

• Topo Gigio
    Options
    Little Steven, Woodbridge Ontario.