Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuscan Pork Loin

Options
Rich
Rich Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am forever looking for good pork loin recipes and found one in the Southern Living magazine. The pork is very flavorful and moist. It's fairly easy to make and does not require wrapping in bacon. Even my wife liked it.[p]Ingredients:
· 1 (4 lb) boneless pork loin
· 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
· 1 tablespoon dried pesto seasoning (I used McCormick)
· ½ cup loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
· 6 bacon slices, cooked and drained
· ½ (12 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· ½ teaspoon pepper[p]With the fat side down, slice pork lengthwise, cutting down the center, to but not through other side. Open the halves, and cut down center of each half, cutting to but not through other sides. Open into a rectangle. Place plastic wrap over pork, and pound to an even thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.[p]Spread cream cheese evenly down center of pork lengthwise. Sprinkle cream cheese evenly with dried pesto seasoning.[p]Arrange spinach over cream cheese and top with bacon and red peppers.[p]Roll up pork starting with 1 long side. Secure at 2-inch intervals with kitchen string. Rub pork roll with salt, paprika, and pepper. [p]Cook indirect. I placed the loin seam side down on a v-rack, over a drip pan on a pizza stone and cook at 425 until around 150 internal. Use whatever wood chips you like with pork. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing into ½ inch thick slices.

Comments