Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

19HOURS/BUTT @ 185!! Help!!!

Big MurthBig Murth Posts: 350
edited 9:07PM in EggHead Forum
It's been 19 hours with admitted roller-coaster temps, lost some heat last night when she cranked down without enough air, and again this afternoon when I was out for 3 hours. Now an hour and a half from "dinner" time. I've opened it up on the air...any suggestions? My wife says, to finish it off in the oven to get to 200, from present 185---I say no way!! Help me Eggsters! Thanks everyone.
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Big Murth, you will be fine..stay with the cook to your destination. You will find a stall at the 165-175 area. Let it ride on thru...at least to 190.
    Good luck. Worththe wait.

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Big Murth,
    Kick up your dome temp to about 275-280* or so. As C~W said hang tight. The internal temp will rise rather quickly now.

·