Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

19HOURS/BUTT @ 185!! Help!!!

Big MurthBig Murth Posts: 350
edited 4:01PM in EggHead Forum
It's been 19 hours with admitted roller-coaster temps, lost some heat last night when she cranked down without enough air, and again this afternoon when I was out for 3 hours. Now an hour and a half from "dinner" time. I've opened it up on the air...any suggestions? My wife says, to finish it off in the oven to get to 200, from present 185---I say no way!! Help me Eggsters! Thanks everyone.
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Big Murth, you will be fine..stay with the cook to your destination. You will find a stall at the 165-175 area. Let it ride on thru...at least to 190.
    Good luck. Worththe wait.

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Big Murth,
    Kick up your dome temp to about 275-280* or so. As C~W said hang tight. The internal temp will rise rather quickly now.

·