Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A Quick Thermo Question

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited 2:16AM in EggHead Forum
This is a little off topic, but I will ask any way.
Does anyone know the proper temperature for a refrigerator and freezer?
I just returned from a restaurant supply store where I picked up four cold thermometers, one for each of my cooling devices.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• RhumAndJerk,
    From years of working in the poultry business, we kept our coolers (refrigerators) between 35 & 40 degrees and kept our freezers at 0 degrees. I've used these settings for years, and never had any problems. Just from experience though![p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Dr. Chicken, that was accurate to a T...I think my deep freeze is running at -20..Will have to raise it a bit.
    Cheers..C~W

• Char-Woody,
    At -20 degrees, you're pushin' "sharp freeze" temps! A little fan in thar to move da air a liddle and it be frozen in a hurry![p]Dr. Chicken....Whaaak!

• Char-Woody,
    Oh yea! Forgot ta tell ya not to put yer tongue on da package unless ur wantin' ta wear it! :-)))[p]Dr. Chicken