Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking spay question

Options
Vents
Vents Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is Pam cooking spray with olive oil any sort of equivalant to olive oil sprayed from a pressurized spray applicator?I was thinking about buying a sprayer when I saw that Pam has a cooking spray with olive oil in it.Has anyone on the forum used it as a substitute?

Comments

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    Vents,[p]Like most, I ordinarily use olive oil spray when BBQing on the EGG. But when I run out, I use ordinary vegetable oil sprays. I have found very little difference when it comes to food sticking to the grill or ease of cleaning. [p] Taste may be another matter. But here too, unless you are one of those who can taste the tiniest difference, I have not found any noticeable discrepancy.[p]Anthony

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Vents, you're essentially talking the same oil but if you are using a pressurized sprayer that you can refill you have two advantages - you can use a better grade of oil and you can save yourself considerable dollars.