Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin Roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook a nice Beef Tenderloin tonight for a distinguished guest. I am wondering about the virtues of searing both sides at a high temp and then cutting the temp way back. Is this a good idea. It works so well with thick cut steaks. Any help on the subject would be appreciated. Egg-On

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    loin9.jpg
    <p />Egg-on,[p]That is how I did my last tenderloin. We only did about 1/3 of a whole one - maybe 3 lbs. I seared for 6-8 min and lowered the temp - not easy after being at 650 deg. Someone suggested cooking at 250 and then searing at 700 deg for the last few minutes. If I had another tenderloin - I very well might cut into 2" filets and do them that way. Searing that big cut of meat won't take too long - maybe 35-45 min. Your temp will not go below 425 so it cooks pretty quickly. Good luck and enjoy![p]Tim
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Egg-on, another alternative is to sear the tenderloin on the stove and then put it on the egg. The advantage is that you don't have to worry about lowering the temperature in the egg. Pictures at the link below. Good luck!

[ul][li]Tenderloin![/ul]