Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Pizza stone

Options
swamprb
swamprb Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally got the 14" pizza stone from dealer and it has a chip the size of a quarter on the bottom edge-no packaging which I thought odd considering everything I've purchased egg related has been packed securely. I pissed and moaned about it and inquired about a warranty-they called the supplier and said they would get another one @week away. So take it and bake it they said! I can't really complain, just wondering If this is common or any cause for alarm? Also they said to get the egg to 350F for pizza-so....I am asking the pros in eggspace any comments?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    swamprb,
    I wouldn't worry about the chip unless you think the stone is cracked.[p]The temp you use for pizza depends on the type of crust/dough you use, among other things. I buy unbaked pies from a local pizza joint and cook that at 550 for about 6-7 minutes. Others bake pies at 450 and 650. Here's a link to my webpage on pizza hints and tips:[p]TNW

[ul][li]Pizza Hints and Tips[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    swamprb,
    What TNW said, 350 is way to low and if you don't have a pizza peel be real careful getting it out of the egg.[p]Cheers, Glenn