Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket result.....

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
122_2285.jpg
<p />On at 4 am, off at 1:30 pm, and sliced at 2:45 pm. That's about 11 hours from fridge to family for a 7 pound flat. The last two times now the cooks have gone fast, which is a trend I can dig. Both cooks were indirect, 225-235 degrees on a raised grid and foiled around the 175 degree internal mark with a small amount of beef broth added to the foil. The cool thing is I now have over one cup of home-made seasoned brisket broth. [p]122_2281.jpg[p]Also cooked cilantro-lime shrimp on the cast iron grid/spider set-up for a minute then finished on the raised grid. Man, they cooked fast.[p]

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    How long does your brisket set with rub on it before putting on the egg?
    Those scallops sounded great. The last ones I did, I microwaved some bacon to help the cooking process get started then wrapped. Yummy.[p]Mike

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, I rubbed down that brisket while the egg was heating up. I used a rub a fellow Texan makes and added Worchester sauce to create a paste. The juice from the foil stage is something special. Email me if you want the rub link. T