Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple Things (Thangs, in TX)

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ate at a little place down in the Stockyards in FW and had, without a doubt, the best piece of tenderloin I've ever had. It was Lonesome Dove. A small place (make reservations!) and somewhat pricey (dinner for 2 without tip, 2 glasses of wine (me) and 2 beers (him) came to about $105). First course was Piñon and Chile Caribe Crusted Dayboat Scallops with Sweet Corn Sauce and Micro Green Salad. Absolutely knockout delicious. Main course described as Roasted Garlic Stuffed Beef Tenderloin (9 oz.) with Western Plaid Hash, Grilled Asparagus and Syrah Demi-Glace. Damn. I mean damn. The meat was about 3" thick with very soft garlic pieces encountered here and there. Gorgeous crust on the outside and perfect medium rare on the inside. I'm still smiling.[p]Now that the rave is over, I am finally going to try making ribs. Yes, yes it is true. I have never made ribs. I've read, I've watched..nada. So picked up a pack of baby ribs at Costco and I'll read again and figger something for tonight. Dunno if I'll do a 5-2-2 or a 1-2-3 or a 342359-23458.34-0958[3], but will try something and report back! Fingers crossed![p]How's everyone's weekend?[p]mShark

Comments

• mollyshark, You paid how much for a couple of steaks???!!! What Bank did you rob first?...Hope you chewed it slowly (LOL)
    I bet you can do one just as good...we did a tenderloin last nite like Wallace (the American AL pilot) did in Ok City. Cold smoked the whole tenderloin @ ~ 175 deg w/ lots of smoke for about an hour...then put in refrigerator until guests arrive, then each guest got to cut their own piece of meat from the tender & bring to the 700 deg Egg to finish to their own doneness preference....naturally we used the ThermaPens you furnished to check along the way for exact preference...thanks again & good luck w/ the math on the ribs........Howell

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]Sounds great. Price isn't bad when you look at what we pay in the Washington/Annapolis area. With the drinks we would probably be closer to 150 plus tip.[p]Watch the time on the babybacks. last time I did them the time was probably closer to 3.5 hours @ 225-250. Not much meat on those bones but they are good!

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    The Lonesome Dove is getting all kinds of press. Food and Wind in September's issue, Saturday's Wall Street Journal, sounded good in both articles. If you like Lamb check out his recipe for leftovers sounded yummy.

Joe
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    mollyshark,
    I'm doing a couple racks of st. louis style spares today, 5-7 hours, no foil, indirect, 250 dome, done when they're done. Happy labor day. -RP