Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

grate size

I use an 8" Lodge trivet in my large and want to go the metal route for my small however since I am working (yes I DO!) it would save me over an hour's trip to run home and measure the size I need to replace my ceramic grate. Would someone help by telling me what diameter I need? True Value hardware carries them in 6 6.5 7 7.5. Thanks in advance!
·

Comments

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    one feral kat,[p]Give the folks at BGE a call, they'll be happy to help out. Not sure of the number but its on the web page somewhere.[p]Troy
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    one feral kat,[p]The original ceramic grate is 5.5". I would get the 6" one or maybe the 6.5". [p]Tim
    ·
  • Tim M, Thanks! That saved me an hour tonight!

·