Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin help

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have small 2 pound pork loin roast boneless i was going to cook on my med. egg i wasnt sure on the temp. and how long to cook. i was going to cook indirect

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    105e8bc4.jpg
    <p />mo egg,
    I like to cook pork loin at around 375 to an internal temp of 150. Put your favorite rub on it and get cooking. It shouldn't take more then 45 minutes to an hour depending on size. You need to get an instant read thmometer to check the meat temp. Don't overcook your pork because it will dry out quickly. Here's some slices of a pork loin I did not to long ago. The marinated tomatos are from a recipe by Paula Deen. They are great too. Good luck, Tom

• BajaTom,
    thanks for the info

• Essex County
    Options
    mo egg,
    I cook pork loin direct and at a low temp, around 275. I pull it at 150. It's always moist.
    Paul

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 524
    Options
    I cook loins both diredt and indrict. Direct at 350 to 375 for about 1 1/2 hrs. Always very moist. Indrict I cook at 225 for about 4 1/2 hrs. The last hr. I baste with rasberry chipolotie, no idea how to spell, and let the glaze cook on. Very moist and a great smoke ring to impress. Pop
    Willis Tx.