Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to do more ribs than your egg will hold?

Options
JackGT
JackGT Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
(Note: yes I've seen that picture of 20 racks on a Large, and no I'm not that brave!)[p]It's tailgating season (WOO HOO!!! GO JACKETS!!!) and when my turn to host comes at the end of September I'd like to do ribs off my Large. The problem is that I will need to make more than I can cook at once, probably enough for about 30 people. What's the best strategy here?[p]JackGT

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    JackGT,[p]Vacuum sealers and freezing works well. I did a bunch of ribs till they done except for glazng. Let them thaw, and then popped 'em on the egg till they warmed up, and hit them with a bit of sauce. It kept me busy, because I only have a medium, but I was able to do enough to hold 12 people while getting more done.[p]Lots of good sides and beverages helped buy me some time.[p]gdenby
  • Thrill
    Thrill Posts: 32
    Options
    JackGT,[p]Not to hijack your thread, but how bout dem Jackets! Do you tailgate down on campus? If so, where? I've been toting my large BGE down to the Student Center grass field for the past several years. I'll be debuting the twins (two large BGEs in a wheeled, wooden table) this weekend for GT-ND.[p]My resolution to the capacity problem is, of course, buy more Eggs!!! I got 12 racks of babybacks in one large BGE for the GT-UGAg tailgate last year. With the addition of the new large BGE, I've upped my capacity to 24 racks. That'll serve a herd.[p]Come on by if you're at the game. We'll be smoking some leprechaun butts.[p]See ya on the Flats[p]- Thrill[p](aka GTJuggernaut on The Hive)