Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket with Stoker, just OK

Options
ronbeaux
ronbeaux Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well the brisket finished in 15 hours when reaching 200F. It felt really tender when I pulled it from the egg and wrapped in foil. The Stoker performed exactly like it was supposed to. We cut it into slices and ate until we couldn't move. The tase was fantastic![p]One problem though. It was kinda dry on the flat end. No problem though. I took it from raw to done without foil which is what I wanted to do. I cooked at 230 dome the whole time, and thinking back, I should have opened and basted during the cook. Still, all in all, it was good and I have learned a few things to make the next one better.

Comments

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]I'm just about to put my first brisket on the egg (just a flat is all I could get). I don't have a stoker, so I'll probably be up a few times tonight checking the temp, but I've had good luck with overnights on pork.
    So, anyway, my question is, what would be baste with? I wasn't planning on foiling, but I will if that's what will keep it moist.
    What do you suggest?
    Thanks!