Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

pulled pork temp?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for some help/information. I have a 6.5lb boston butt that has been going for 18 hours @ 225-250. The internal temp is registering at 183. I usually go to 195-200. I assume it will pull at this temp..... We have some folks coming in 30 minutes or so, can't wait. What's the consensus of the experts?

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Wade,[p]Kick the cooking temp up to 275°F. This will speed the finish with no harm to the meal.[p]Spin

• Spin,
    Thanks for the reply. I used one of the tricks that I learned on the forum - stuck a fork in it and gave it a little twist. I have done maybe 6 boston butts now and this was actually the best (I say that every time). I pulled it with an internal temp of 183, but I knew it had been on plenty long enough. I pulled it and we had some huge sandwiches - very good I might add. I think this was moister than the others I have ran to 200. I guess it pays to experiment. Thanks again for taking the time.[p]Wade