Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pulled pork temp?

Looking for some help/information. I have a 6.5lb boston butt that has been going for 18 hours @ 225-250. The internal temp is registering at 183. I usually go to 195-200. I assume it will pull at this temp..... We have some folks coming in 30 minutes or so, can't wait. What's the consensus of the experts?
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Wade,[p]Kick the cooking temp up to 275°F. This will speed the finish with no harm to the meal.[p]Spin

·
  • Spin,
    Thanks for the reply. I used one of the tricks that I learned on the forum - stuck a fork in it and gave it a little twist. I have done maybe 6 boston butts now and this was actually the best (I say that every time). I pulled it with an internal temp of 183, but I knew it had been on plenty long enough. I pulled it and we had some huge sandwiches - very good I might add. I think this was moister than the others I have ran to 200. I guess it pays to experiment. Thanks again for taking the time.[p]Wade

·