Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

KICK IN THE ASH!!

Big MurthBig Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all responses to my query on Pizza temps and plate setter.ANOTHER QUESTION ON WOODS: I have two small bags of Ash, and would welcome your input on what it might be good with. Many of you set me straight on my recent purchase of cherry. I've already used up all my alder when doing salmon/tuna, etc., but have not yet tried to "smoke the ash" --- Usually, ash is a bad word on this forum, eh?
Any ideas?? Thanks you huevo loco hombres!

·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Big Murth,
    Haven't tried Ash, but it is suitable for smoking. Try this link for the lo-down.[p]Cheers!
    NB

[ul][li]Smoking Woods[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Big Murth,
    I think this fits under stevie's one liners: "I tried to burn some wood but it was ash." When you burn that stuff what do you call the residue? ash-ash?

·
  • Big MurthBig Murth Posts: 350
    Wise One,
    Don't know what the residue would be called, but perhaps if one were to stick their head above the Egg when she really starts to go, a person might be accused of smoking........
    ......."Ashish"[p]Nature Boy turned me on to a 15 page link that is like an encyclopedia of woods. Says that Ash is a fast burner, light but distinctive flavor....good with fish and red meats.[p]Thanks to all for your responses!!

·