Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bottom vent question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've noticed that my bottom vent won't close all the way. It has about a 1/2 inch gap when the solid slider is all the way closed. Is this "as designed", or are my doors on backwards? That is, the screen is to the outside and the solid door to the inside. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    JeffW,
    screen inside/door outside

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • EdF
    EdF Posts: 121
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I pulled the solid one two far back and got it reversed like that. With a little fiddling you should be able to get it back in the right configuration: screen inside, solid outside.
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    JeffW,[p]In case you don't understand Stike's comment . . .[p]Your symptoms are almost always caused by the vent "doors" being reversed. The screen should be on the inside and the solid door on the outside. A lot of folks reverse them - even the retail vendors who should know better. If you have the Egg in a nest it might be awkward to pull them out and switch them so please be careful.