Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Dinner with 2 Pics

Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, as you all might know, from others posts of mine, Lime Juice makes everything better.[p]I got home today and my son had taken pork chops out of the freezer. I was kinda uninspired when I saw them, but I turned that around and made some of the best tasting chops to date.[p]I brined the chops for about an hour in a gallon of ice water with 1/2 cup salt, and 1/2 cup sugar, and the juice of 1 lime. I squeezed the lime and threw the wedges in there too.[p]I pulled them and patted them dry. I sprayed them with olive oil, then spiced with Lime Pepper, salt, cracked pepper, granulated garlic, and very, very little cumin. In fact so little I don't think I could taste it. I was kinda going for a Mojo kind of flavor. I think I got pretty close. Maybe a little more Cumin next time.[p]I grilled them at about 600 degrees after I threw a couple chunks of oak in for flavor. Placed them on the grill for 1 min, turned 45 degrees squeezed lime juice cooked for another minute. Flipped and Juiced then another minute. Turned and juiced, cooked for another minute. Flipped and juiced for another minute and removed them from the grill. Hit them with a little more lime. mmm MMMMMM mmm. Oh ya, and some Michigan sweet corn.[p]E[p][p]P8220032.jpg[p]P8220034.jpg

Comments