Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

quick thanks to the mothership

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my "best friend" (inside joke) flashbackBob posted somewhere semi-obscurely that he had toasted his gasket and snapped his clinch stud (many times in college i tried to get my clinch stud snapped, and failed. but i digress).[p]anyway.[p]the mothership made me proud.[p]bob called the folks at HQ, and THE PERSON WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE took care of him. in his words, "it was amazing. whenever i call somewhere with a problem, i usually get shunted around thruough three or four people and end up screaming". in this case, whomever picked up, (my guess Bobby-Q or John), took care of him straight away.[p]he's a relative newb (though smart enough to read directions and ask questions), but when he had a concern he called the mothership. one call, five minutes, and they took care of him. sending out a gasket and a clinch stud.[p]so i asked, "did they ask you for a receipt, or quiz you about your owner-registration?" ...knowing the answer.[p]and he said "you know, they never did. just took my adress, and apologized that it wasn't going to be going out today, but tomorrow. so maybe i'd have it in a couple days"[p]i might rant about the few no-nuthin dealers, but in the end, the folks that run the mothership, and make/sell these things, are top notch when it comes to service.[p]anyone lurking, and wondering... screw it. life's too short. get the egg and start cooking sooner, rather than later.[p]there's a reason you lurk here.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    stike,
    That's a great post! The customer support is almost too good to be true........No, I take that back, it is too good to be true, but it's true!

• Flashback Bob
    Options
    stike,
    I'm glad you posted this because it doesn't deserve to be buried in an obscure thread.
    I am a newbie, don't know jack, and am extremely impressed with the support- it couldn't possibly be better! I thought LL Bean was good, but the BGE people have to be the best! So thanks to all of you at the Mothership![p]Also, I should note that I called the dealer (where I bought the Egg )first. I'm sure it will be of no surprise to you to learn that the person who answered the phone transferred me to someone else's voicemail and I haven't heard back from them yet.[p]Finally, I want to add that stike's comments "screw it. life's too short. get the egg and start cooking sooner, rather than later." were similar to what he told me that got me off of the couch and into the game. I was lurking, doing my homework and saving up for my eventual purchase of a BGE. I made the big move and am extremely happy that I did! So if you're on the fence,get off it and get into the game. Now cooking out is a whole new experience!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    stike,[p]Dude, I couldn't agree more. The folks in Atlanta make you feel like you're part of a large family... and like family, they will always make sure you are taken care of.
    There are no other ceramic makers out there who will do just what you described and who have made a commitment to do it for the rest of your life.[p]An aside observation.... there are a few who frequent this board who return to their perspective forums and criticize or make unfair generalizations about this forum and the egg company.... what those same folks always fail to acknowledge is the strength and loyalty the egg company has to it's customers and the sheer volume of generosity that flows from this huge forum every single day. [p]john

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    i can't get over the number of postings lately. i lose track of threads because of the sheer volume. end of the day, you need to scroll like a crack-addicted hamster on a wheel to get to the bottom of the page.[p]as for the those few "who criticize or make unfair generalizations about this forum"... i dunno. i don't know if they've checked, but i don't think many of us here are the kind who give a shizznit (as you young kids say).[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Spoken like a true Stikeman. :~)
  • BasementDwellingGeek
    Options
    stike,[p]One of these days I’m going to have to get a “fest” to make sure that you guys are real. I’ve never had to deal with the mothership, but you guys make it sound so blissful one has to wonder it you aren’t all plants! Happy cooking y’all!!![p]rb[p]
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    BasementDwellingGeek,[p] Check the pictures. How is that for real. John at the mothership actually stayed past the appointed shutdown down time to make sure I had my new parts. I got stuck in Atlanta Traffic.[p] He made sure my Egg was back in tip top condition at the cheapest price possible. I will buy another egg and I will recommended any one even vaguely looking at one to buy it.[p]before.jpg[p]after.jpg