Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite sides

Options
JQuinn
JQuinn Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
we usually talk mainly on the main coarse on this forum. what are your favorite side dishes cooked on or of the egg.
Please include reciepes? thanks Jquinn

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    JQuinn,
    sweet poTATs, sliced/planked 1/4" thick. olive oil, kosher salt and cracked peppa. 400 or so. hotter if you want crispy black 'skins', 350 or lower of you want grill marks.[p]maybe 20 minutes.[p]then there's asparagus, summer squash, or zukes, done the same way.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Jalapeno Corn Casserole is our favorite around here.[p]Jim
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    stike,
    Might be stoopid question, so the answer should be pretty enjoyable but...[p]"...sliced/planked 1/4" thick... 350 or lower of you want grill marks."[p]How do you get "grill marks" if you are using a plank?

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    sorry
    hahaha yeah, that doesn't make sense.[p]my general assumption in life is that everyone knows what i mean when i say stuff. i am, regrettably, ALWAYS wrong.[p]what i meant was, you turn them into little 'planks' themselves by slicing them 1/4" thick. the sweet potaters are long and thick, like planks.[p]half the time we toss them on a too-hot fire (post steak sear, for example), and they can blacken entirely on a side, and then blister before they are done thru. we don't mind that, but some folks (read 'guests') don't diggit. [p]so if you want to cook them before a sear (which we do the other haffa the time, if we are thinking ahead and sober) do them at lower temps, say 350, 400. that lets them cook thru in about 15 or 20 minutes, and instead of scorched black papery blisters, you get them fancy grill marks [p]sorry for the half-assed hipster lingo. it all makes sense in my head. sometimes i don't remember that the sky in my world can be a vastly different color than for normal folks.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante