Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Burgers questions

Options
BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What cut of pork is used to make pork burgers not sausage? What is the fat to meat ratio for those pork bugers sold at German festivals? What kind of seasoning is used in those burgers? I have a KA grinder attachment and want to make pork burgers. Any information is appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Comments

• JackGT
    JackGT Posts: 64
    Options
    BajaTom,[p]Having grown up on a hog farm, we actually did pork burgers fairly often. However, I was a kid (the farm folded after I went off to college) so I don't know the recipe. But drop me an email so I don't forget, and I'll ask my dad.[p]JackGT
  • BillT
    BillT Posts: 61
    Options
    BajaTom,[p]When we butchered hogs we ground odd cuts, ends, and leftovers. They all became ground pork. When we added spices it became sausage. We trimmed all the meat fairly well before we ground it, so fat content was reduced as best we could. Thruth be told, if we had an older pig or a young pig we frequently ground most of the meat as this seemed to be the best use.[p]I would look online for sausage recipes or send me a follow-up and I will find my book with some recipes.[p]Hope this helps.[p]BillT
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    BajaTom,
    I've bought ground pork at the store and I've ground boneless BB's I've bought. Home ground is courser the store bought ground was a smoother texture cooked. I usually mix in a bit of Dizzy whatever seems right at the moment.