Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What sauce for cedar planked salmon?

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking my first cedar planked salmon this weekend. What is your favorite sauce to accompany this salmon?

Comments

• egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Options
    Jim,[p]An alder plank and DP raging river.[p]Ed
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    Jim,[p]I don't think you'll need any more flavor. If you want, try a Beurre Blanc like the one below I found on the FoodTV site.[p]Lemon Beurre Blanc:
    1 cup dry white wine
    1 tablespoon chopped shallot
    1/4 stalk lemongrass, chopped
    5 whole white peppercorns
    1/4 pound cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces[p]Beurre Blanc: In a non-reactive saucepan, combine the wine,
    shallot, lemongrass, and peppercorns. Bring to boil and
    reduce the liquid to about 2 tablespoons. Remove the pan
    from heat and let cool until bottom of the pan is just
    warm--not hot. Return the pan to low heat and
    whisk in butter a few pieces at a time to form a smooth
    sauce (the butter should emulsify, not melt.) Strain
    through a sieve and keep warm.

• Jim,I put the salmon in a plastic bag dump in some teriyaki sauce for 30 to 45 min and throw it on the grill. It’s easy, quick and tastes grate.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    i would mix sourcream & fresh chopped dill, seasoned with the same rub you used on the Salmon
  • ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Jim,
    I too have lived a sheltered life. All I do is mix up some lime(or lemon) juice, Kosher salt, and a little pepper and pour over the fish. Reserve some for dipping.