Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Roast for Pulled Pork

Grill With BillGrill With Bill Posts: 108
edited 4:06PM in EggHead Forum
Can one (meaning me) use a pork roast to make pulled pork? I picked up the roast today, then decided I'd like to try making pulled pork. What do the experts think?[p]Bill
·

Comments

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Grill With Bill,[p]Not an expert by any means Bill but, I think I'd have myself a great pork roast with mashed taters and green beans. [p]If you want pulled pork go back out and find yourself a butt or shoulder to do it with. The pork roast is just too lean for the job. Just my opinion of course.

·
  • Bob, I second that with two motions...heeeee..and the time is much shorter with the loin roast! Top it out at 150 for medium well done. Wrap for a bit and it will run to 155 interior easily.
    C~W[p]

·