Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Rack of Lamb "oo-la-la"

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to share this one. From time to time I get this Lamb urge but somehow I get burned out fast due to the dreaded "lambiness" - you know that sort of off, musty - foul taste that happens with lamb. Anyway the urge hit again but now I had the Egg! [p]Whole rack (8 bones) went in for 1.5 hours at 300. Indirect heat. The thermometers don't work so good here probibly cause the bones are so close - I took it out when the reading was 150 and it was blood rare. 1.5 hrs. @ 300 degrees dome worked out to med-med-rare. I made up the usual oil, garlic, pepper, rosemary, basalmic and wine marinade and soaked it overnite. Tip!!! use a gallon size Ziplock bag - you use less marinade to cover the whole roast and don't rank out the fridge![p]The result was magnificent...extreamly tender, juicy and not a bit of the dreaded "lambiness". The lamb picks up the smoke wonderfully and the smoke (just BGE lump - no wood)is there but not overpowering. Simply delicious and highly recommended.[p]Rack of lamb just went from about #75 to a place in my top 10 list. Enjoy.[p]Motorman

Comments