Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rack of Lamb "oo-la-la"

Had to share this one. From time to time I get this Lamb urge but somehow I get burned out fast due to the dreaded "lambiness" - you know that sort of off, musty - foul taste that happens with lamb. Anyway the urge hit again but now I had the Egg! [p]Whole rack (8 bones) went in for 1.5 hours at 300. Indirect heat. The thermometers don't work so good here probibly cause the bones are so close - I took it out when the reading was 150 and it was blood rare. 1.5 hrs. @ 300 degrees dome worked out to med-med-rare. I made up the usual oil, garlic, pepper, rosemary, basalmic and wine marinade and soaked it overnite. Tip!!! use a gallon size Ziplock bag - you use less marinade to cover the whole roast and don't rank out the fridge![p]The result was magnificent...extreamly tender, juicy and not a bit of the dreaded "lambiness". The lamb picks up the smoke wonderfully and the smoke (just BGE lump - no wood)is there but not overpowering. Simply delicious and highly recommended.[p]Rack of lamb just went from about #75 to a place in my top 10 list. Enjoy.[p]Motorman
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Motorman,[p]I tasted that dreaded lambiness in 1983-84. I waited until EGGtoberfest to again take a taste. JJ made a leg of lamb that was fantastic. I've had the urge for more since.[p]Spin

·
  • Spin,[p]Go for it...I think you will be pleased. I think my previous (before egg) experience was about that time (80's) also. I just sort of remembered the taste and thought this might be good Egged.

·
  • FritzFritz Posts: 179
    Spin,[p]Our leg of lamb from a couple weeks ago was quite a treat.[p]Sometime soon we may try lamb shanks.[p]Fritz
    ·