Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First butt

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=474327&a=3485036&p=38019782&Sequence=0&res=high
<p />This is possibly the best cook I've done so far.
4.5 lbs. @ 200 for 15 hours.[p]Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]
Mick

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    You done yourself proud.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]That's one fine looking butt! They are my favorite thing to do on Friday nights.[p]Carl T

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p] Once again, that is for sure, a nice butt you have going.
    We have not done one in awhile, so after looking at your picture, it will be done soon.[p]Earl

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Chef MickeyT.,
    See I told you it would not be long before we'd have to call you by your right name! :-)))[p]Well done my man! It looks great and I'm sure it tasted just as good if not better![p]Dr. Chicken

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]Thanks a lot man. My success with the egg is primarily due to this forum and it's many followers. I have never done a butt before and it was by far (steaks included) the tastiest dinner I have cooked so far. I pulled it Saturday night and used my FoodSaver to pack in individual sammich portions. Pulled a couple out on Sunday, dropped them in boiling water and the rest is history. To quote TimM. "Went quicker than free money" :>) Hard to believe it was so tasty for being an inexpensive pc. of meat.[p]Mick[p]P.S. I will be asking for skinlees pheasant cooking directions later in the week, as a friend dropped one off for me yesterday.
  • Scott S
    Scott S Posts: 24
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Or any one else out there in this wonderful forum Im a newbie When it comes to the BGE. My Question is foil or not when cooking some good butt and is a polder really neccesary[p] I never had so much fun in my life[p] Smokin forever Scott

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Scott S,[p]During the cook, foil works well in the drip pan to help make cleanup easier. The meal is cooked uncovered, resting in the v-rack over the drip pan. Upon completion of the cook, the meal can be tented in foil to help hold the heat until serving time. I prefer not to wrap pulled pork in foil as this makes the nice chew of the crust a bit mushy.[p]A polder type thermometer is not a necessity and the cook can be done without it. It is convenient as its use adds the dimension of internal temperature to the look and feel of the meat when judging the doneness of a meal.[p]Spin

• Spin,

Thanks Spin

I can see that Im going to do just fine with my results with every thing I cook thanks to you and all the other vets out there.[p] Keep smokin
    Scott[p][p]