Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg purchase

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to buy an egg. I won't use it much. Does the small egg perform as well as the large egg. Things like get as hot , provide the same taste and all that?[p]Thanks

Comments

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 59
    Carl,
    I have both the small and large eggs. They cook the same.
    The only difference is the volume of each. I think that if
    you purchase one you will use it a lot more than you think.
    Good Luck! - Ray

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Carl,[p]I have a medium and it will do EVERYTHING! You can cook more in a large, but I love the Medium! I started out with a small and upgraded after two weeks! I've also added a mini to the mix![p]Smokey

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Carl,[p]As has been stated, the small Egg does the same job only in lesser quantities and is perfect for a family of maybe 4. Many of us feel that the small has a slight advantage over the medium or large for high temp grilling (steaks, etc) since the food is closer to the glowing coals. [p]You'll be surprised as to how much you will use it.[p]K~G

• Carl,
    Buy the medium, if you don't like it, or you think it is too big. One of us on the forum will probably buy it from you.
    Jake

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    MyBge_small.jpg
    <p />Carl, the medium is a good all around choice - in my medium (see picture), I have done pulled pork & beef low and slow for 20 hours on one load of lump and I have very easily brought the temp up to 1,000 degrees to sear steaks - great all around flexibility. For more ideas of what the medium can do, check out the link - about the only thing you can't do would be a really large turkey. Good luck!