Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do we.............

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cook boned chicken breast like we do steaks? Couple minutes a side then dwell.[p]Thanks,[p]Mick

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p] I wouldn't recommed such high heat for chicken breasts. You really want the chicken breast cooked through, unlike a steak. Normally, I do them at about 400F until the juices run clear . . .[p]MikeO
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    Hey Mick! The first breast I tried ,I did it fast and hot and came out with CRISPY CRITTERS! The last several that came out very good,was done indirect two firebrick flat with drip pan on them,two brick on edge with second grill on them,I used 300° dome temp, turned every 10 min for about 40 min.They are great! you can marinade in all sorta good stuff,be dareing,if you like a little heat try McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite marinade.BTW their zesty herb marinade is SUPER on a brined whole roasting chicken cooked on a chicken sitter.Happy eatin' Bob

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]I also like to grill mine direct at 375-400. I turn mine every 6-8 minutes. They turn out great.[p]Carl T