Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My butt's ready for a good night sleep!

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited 12:35AM in EggHead Forum
View?u=819531&a=10663732&p=37697808
<p />Temp is perfect 250* and I ready for some sleep! Meat temp is 122* and I'll check back in the morning.

Comments

• EarlEarl Posts: 468
    Smokey,[p] That chunk off gold looks like it is ready to eat right now. Great picture, can't wait to see pic this morning. Damon, get out of bed, where all waiting here.[p]Earl
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,415
    Mornin' Earl,
    Maybe he left the digital camera out by the egg, and it is frozen solid.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Nature Boy,[p]At 8:00 am, internal temp was 198 and I pernounded her done. I had to get to work, so she is wrapped up in foil, in a cooler and covered with towels. I'll go home for lunch and post a finished picture.[p]Smokey
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Smokey,[p]What a great shot. I'm gonna do my first one this weekend. A 6 pounder. 2 hours a pound? Internal temp 200?[p]Thanks,[p]Mick

• KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    pulled.jpg
    <p />MickeyT.,[p]200* internal - yes. But cooking indirect will take you more like 16-18 hrs. It will be well worth the wait!! This 7 pounder required 18+[p]Good luck[p]K~G

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    MickeyT.,[p]That's how I do it! Do you make your own sause? I have had alot of fun trying new ones. Also, although it not nessisary to flip the butt, I find it helps give a better bark![p]Smokey