Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

brisket redux

edited 12:53AM in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to consolidate the brisket information on the forum, as I have a 7 pounder (with cap) covered with rub in the fridge. I thought I'd slather it with mustard, too, before cooking, and it sounds as if we should figure about 15 hours at 225 degrees? I saw Kenny G's graph for a smaller roast, but want to double check the likely time on a 7 pound so that I won't lose sleep wondering if the grill needs checking. Thanks -- km

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Ken Masner,
    You wont lose any sleep as it will take atleast that long for that brisket to complete its cook. Remember "Beer it's not just for breakfest anymore." Enjoy

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Ken Masner,[p]I agree with JJ, as you are looking more toward a 18-19 hour cook. Well worth the time invested.[p]Spin