Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What size platesetter for lg egg?

not Jo
not Jo Posts: 22
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi;
Obviously I need a platesetter. I keep thinking I heard of a new 16" one that fits the large egg perfectly or at least better than the 14"? So what size plate setter do I need for a large egg (NOT the XL egg).
Thanks!
not Jo

Comments

• notJo,
    There are two plate setters in addition to the one for the XL. They are made for the medium and the large. The medium plate setter won't fit in the large since it is too small to sit on the fire ring. So, if you have a large Egg, you need the large plate setter.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    notJo,
    The Whiz gave the answer you need, but I thought I'd add the comment that recently there have been a number of posts about the best size of pizza stone that included discussions about 14 and 16" versions. In the case of pizza stones, you have lots of options in terms of brands and sizes.

• notJo,[p]I think the confusion here is that the large platesetter 14 inch dimension refers to the size of the round plat portion of the platesetter. However, the legs extend out some distance so that it fits the large BGE perfectly. That's my take on it, but I don't own one, so I can't tell you from experience.