Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bbq from hell, for me!

smokn gramma g
smokn gramma g Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Baby sitting all day , my daughter has not had a me day since she was born 5 months ago. First off I started at 1:00pm making "Margarita" shrimp for about a croud of about 10 of the freaking neighbors! Old man comes up to me and says..."how bout throwing something together for us", we are hungry!! (I will get even later) "OK don't have enough to do today with your family coming"...!! Had'nt even started shopping, so into the closet,and fridge! Came up with frozen OJ, Tequila (always got have taquila), and lime. Through on some Dizzy Raging River!!! Oh my god, was pretty damn good! (I had one)![p]That was the start of it,had a whole menu set out, no starts![p]Filet of beef steaks, strip loin steaks, jerk chicken(thighs and wings), grilled beef steak tomatoes , potato salad, caesar salad,and some pretty wicked good garlic bread.
I had the egg going for the steak, the salads were obviously done ahead of time, the tomatoes on the weber(charcoal, nummy) and the chicken on the gasser(6 hours indirect) (not as good as the egg) but what the hell, when you are in a pinch![p]Everything turned out fabulous!
Then my daughter arrived and asked if I could "whip" up a pizza! 10:00 pm My arms were numb from carring my grandaughter all day,
I then turned to her and said "if you can run this baby... she is all yours" , she sat down and had some steak and fixings!
said... "damn this is some good food"! Don't know how many coolers she had in her... I had to get up with baby...
Does she OWE me!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comments

• smokn gramma g,
    wow ..that was some day of feasting. . .you know what you need???? . ...ANOTHER EGG!!!. ..or two or three ...heee[p].when i was a little kid visiting my grandma in brooklyn, all she stuffed me with was pot roast and mashed potatoes (she was a good ny jewish grandma afterall) . .. she'd send me home so fat they thought i had the mumps or somethin.. ...[p]can i come up there and pretend to be your grandchild??!?!?!

• smokn gramma g,
    That my friend is a true a horror story -- you're a good Mom to do that for your daughter, and it all sounds delicious on top of it!
    Starling