Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plum tomatoes in Spin's pizza sauce recipe

SippiSippi Posts: 83
edited 3:10AM in EggHead Forum
First let me express my appreciation to all of you who post on this forum. I have really been able to utilize the suggestions found here. This site along with those of TimM and GFW are relative Godsends to aBGE novice of a few months.Spin uses "plum " tomatoes in his three part pizza recipie. Can someone suggest what a plum tomato is? I am not familiar with the term.
"

Comments

• MopMop Posts: 496
    Sippi,The "Plum" or "Italian" tomatoe is somewhat "bell or Pear" shaped and is not very large.......[p]Mop!

• SippiSippi Posts: 83
    Mop,Is this tomato possibly calle a Roma also?
  • bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    sippi,[p]Yepper![p]Enjoy!![p]BBQB[p]ô¿ô
    ~

• MopMop Posts: 496
    sippi, You got it.....

• bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    sippi,[p]And BTW.. Spin's pizza is Eggcellent!!![p]

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Sippi,[p]A "Plum" tomato is a smaller pear shaped tomato valued for it meat content. It has a much higher meat to liquid ratio than most. A "Roma" is its Italian equal.[p]Spin