Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fish Grids

ChuckChuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm in the market for something to grill salmon with on the egg. I see that grids are available and I have seen the baskets that work clam-shell style. How about some feedback from those of you who have experience with either of these. I kinda like the idea of being able to flip the meat with the clam-shell type.

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    05_03_0017_06_01_small.jpg
    <p />Chuck, the time that I have done salmon, I have used HD foil - never did turn - the picture is of Grelt's "Salmon with Dijon Bourbon Glaze" - great dinner![p]Next I'm going to give MickeyT's recipe a try. Good luck!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Chuck,[p]No need to flip the salmon. I have used the HD foil and now use a flat fish grill. Both have worked well and I prefer the grill over the foil as it provides better support when removing the finished product.[p]Spin

• RotorRotor Posts: 53
    Chuck,[p]What cut are you cooking? At Xmas I did a whole salmon - head and tail removed. It was split in the middle and I put it belly up in a v-rack with some butter and herbs and cooked it at 325* until the temperature was 150 ish. Worked great. I haven't done a salmon fillet or a steak yet, but plan to use my fish shell. You've probably seen them, looks like a wire fish, open it up and plunk it on. Only thing is my current one has a big-a** handle that won't work on the egg. I need to cut it off or get one without the handle. Either way, I would recommend using the basket if you don't want to risk the fish breaking up. [p]I have done it without - right onto the grill being real careful with flipping the steaks, or just leaving the fillet skin down until it burns through just in time to pull the fish off.[p]One last thing - a friend did this one last year and I'm dying to try it out.[p]Get a thin piece of cedar 0.5"-1" and soak it in water for at least three hours. Place your fillet onto the cedar and place the cedar onto the grill - Unbelievable!

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Gfw, Got jerky cooking right now. Left out the brown sugar and added a Berry Hot BBQ sauce (that is the name of it Berry Hot) a little got done early and fell in my taste buds. Hot but good.[p]CWM
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    20001221041718.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike, next time you make jerky check out my spicy beef jerky recipe - I've done it 3 times so far - GOOD! [p]The Marinade:
    Soy Sauce: 1 cup
    Rice Wine: 1/2 cup
    Hoisin Sauce: 1/4 cup
    Szechwan Stir Fry Sauce: - 1/4 cup
    Honey: 1/8 cup
    Worchester: 1/4 cup
    Lemon Juice: 1/8 cup
    Red Pepper Flakes: 2 tbs
    Garlic Powder: 1 tbs
    Onion Powder: 1 tsp
    Black Pepper: 1 tsp
    Cayenne Pepper: 1 tsp
    Tabasco Sauce - 1 tsp [p]I kind of got carried away with about anything I could find and it is a little spicy, but the taste is great.