Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

ribeye roast

hounddoghounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I sprang for a boneless ribeye roast for new years. I slathered it in mustard and then added the Jamison's wild willie's number onederful rub or whatever it is, i can't remember, is in smoke and spice.[p]I put it indirect over a 325 fire until it read 135, pulled it. It was great. Fed a table full of folks, and everyone enjoyed.[p]This is an expensive piece of meat, but I highly recommend the try.

Comments

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    hounddog,[p]Sounds great. I've never done a boneless ribeye roast but have done a couple of bone-in rib roasts and they are equally as good. Like you say, its a bit expensive to do for a weekly meal but definitely worth it for special occasions. You should try Doc Chickens salt crusted rib roast, its a keeper also. The recipe is in the submitted recipe section. Excellent results with the 3 times I've done this.[p]Troy