Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Buttered Ribeyes - interesting twist

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know, I know, big deal, steaks on the egg, tell us about something interesting right? Sorry, just a small twist on an old theme. Just some good old 1 1/4 inch ribeyes rubbed with a nice rub overnight, done at about 650 for 90 sec. - rotate - 90 sec. - turn - 90 sec. - rotate - 90 sec. shut it down and dwell for 3 minutes. At 3 minutes, open the egg, put a big pat of butter on the top of each steak and dwell for another minute or so, then take them off. They were done perfect to medium/medium rare and the flavor was great. The pat of butter on the steak adds a real nice touch. I think next time I'll make some herbed butter and throw it on at the end of the dwell. Give it a shot, its well worth it.[p]Troy