Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dome alignment

smalljawssmalljaws Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my egg preasembled and after a few weeks of cooking I noticed the dome was off alignment both front to back and side to side. I was able to correct the side to side issue by loosening and tightening the upper and lower bands. However, I have not been able to correct the front to back problem. The dome sits back about 1/4" (maybe a little more). I think it has resulted in the top gasket getting worn more rapidly then expected and it just bothers me that it is not right.

I think I need to break down the whole thing and reassemble; however, I don't have (never did)the spring retainer bands. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stabilize the hinge/spring without the bands? Of course any other suggestions on how to fix the alignment problem would also be welcome