Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Steak experience

Options
Brayon
Brayon Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I T-REXed a Rib Steak on my egg last night. An inch and a half thick, results was good, not as excellent as I am aiming for. I basicaly followed the TRex method on TNW web site with a 2 mins searing (fire was not as hot as I wanted it to be) and then 5 mins per side in the dwelling. (people liked it a little more on the medium side than the rare)[p]1- That inch and a half rib steak was 1kg (2.2 pounds), this has to be for more than one person... How would you seperate the portions out of it? I tried to cut thickness wise and I got a big juice poodle in my plate.[p]2- My fire was unusualy long to light properly and when it was hot, I would get a lot of sparking from the lump. I think it's the second time I get such behavior with that bag. Could it simply be a bad bag?