Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bluefish for Stike

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I LOVE Bluefish....realy miss it! We use to hit Plum Island off Newburyport,Ma every weekend and slay Blues and Strippers. Living in South Carolina now and have to put up with Red Drum and Wahoo....poor me. But, to get back to the Bluefish.....smather it in MAYO and then cook direct around 325......the MAYO will pull out the so called oily taste and you'll have the tastiest Bluefish ever!!! Paul

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    where at in sc and where do you find wahoo i live in anderson so you might be on the coast. recepie(sp)sounds good tho
    TB

• Midnight Smoker
    Options
    BENTE,
    We live in Mt Pleasant....next to Charleston. I go offshore about 20-30 miles for some kick butt fishing. Doing an inshore tourney this weekend...my first. I'll be on my own, so I'll probalby only catch a "buzz". I usually go out with some friends that grrew up here and have local knowledge. YOu never know though......hopefully I'll be able to get the BGE fired up for some freshly caught fish!! Paul

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Hey, Paul, how did you slay those strippers and are you on the FBI's most wanted list doing it? Inquiring minds want to know!! :)[p]Jim
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    hey, thanks very much.
    i've heard the mayo trick. my question is, does the fish taste like mayo? i'm not sure what would be worse, oily fish, or mayo-covered fish!? [p]do you scrape off the mayo when done?[p]honestly, it wasn't too oily for me. there was some, but it drizzled out mainly, and went into the fire. [p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Unknown
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    the auction i work at the owners own half of the charleston auto auction in monks corner so i make it down there once in a blue moon wish i lived closer to FRESH fish have a good trip hook alot of them. fired mine up last weekend for picnic sholders 15 hrs they fell apart have not had the pleasure to do much fish seeing as how im land locked LOL!!!!
    TB

• Unknown
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,[p]Mt. Pleasant is a great place to live. My best friend, who just moved back to Atlanta for work, lived there for about 5 years. Tons of golf and fishing around that area. If I were to move, that would be the place.
  • Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    stike,
    I've done salmon filets with mayo. No real mayo flavor but it browns up nicely.
    Paul

• Unknown
    Options
    JBuffett,
    yea real nice but i dont know there is not much of a breeze there but it is real nice but on a day like today it is the second hottest place on the planet (first being columbia SC)

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Essex County,
    probably like the mustard-on-the-ribs trick. no mustard when yer done.[p]parenthetical OT: (ate a ton of oysters over vacation. man o man. was great.
    we need to do a repeat of the turner's thing, i'm getting the DTs)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Unknown
    Options
    BENTE,[p]Columbia is the 9th circle of hell imo...(G)